Saturday, January 10, 2009

89. Tomato, Garlic, and Potato Frittata (p. 632)

I made this recipe for the holiday brunch I hosted for my family before Christmas. A frittata seemed like a good way to make eggs for a crowd, and this dish was savory and delicious.

First, I cooked some garlic in oil. The Book calls for four cloves, sliced, but since I was afraid that this could be a bit too garlicy for a group that included a child and a few older folks, I used two cloves, minced. Next, I cooked some diced, peeled potatoes with the garlic and oil until they got nicely browned. Then, I took the potatoes out of the pan, and added some grape tomatoes, cooking them just until the skins started to split. Back in with the potatoes and some salt and pepper. Then, I poured some beaten eggs over the vegetables. I let it cook for a while, covered for part of the time. Next, I put some grated parmesan on top and put it under the broiler to brown on top.

The finished frittata was very good. The potatoes gave it some nice texture, and the garlic and cooked tomatoes gave it a nice flavor. It was a big hit on the brunch buffet.

Date Cooked: December 14, 2008
Degree of Difficulty: Medium
Rating: B

No comments: