Sunday, March 1, 2009

112. Raspberry Sauce (p. 876)

This could be one of the easiest recipes in The Book. All you do is blend together some raspberries, sugar and lemon juice until it's a smooth puree. Strain it through a fine mesh sieve, and discard the solids. That's it.

The main recipe calls for frozen raspberries in syrup, but the Cook's Notes say that you can use fresh, you just need to add a bit more sugar. I found some great-looking fresh raspberries at the store, so I chose to make it that way.

This was a delicious sauce. It was sweet and tart and very fresh-tasting. And versatile, too. I made it to go with the Chocolate Souffle that I made for Valentine's Day. Then I also served it with the Key Lime Pie that I'll blog about soon. It was the perfect compliment for both. Tomorrow morning, I'm even going to try it on oatmeal. I'll let you know how that tastes.

Date Cooked: February 14, 2009
Degree of Difficulty: Very Easy
Rating: B

No comments: